Since making them for the first time, there has not been a day that I didn't have any in my fridge.
They are my absolute favorite healthy dessert, hands down.
These cookie dough bars have passed the test of some very tough critics, and I know you will love them too!
They are gluten-free and low-fat with a healthy dose of fiber and protein, making them the perfect guilt-free dessert. Happy baking!!
PS - This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's original recipe. Find it here.
Cost per serving: $0.45
Calories per serving: 87
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, blender or food processor, 8x8 pan
1/4 cup powdered peanut butter + 1/8 cup water
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener* (use discount code "Annie" for 20% off!)
1/4 cup gluten-free quick oats
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp liquid stevia extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 Tbsp sugar-free vegan chocolate chips
*Or other granulated sweetener of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray pan with non-stick spray (or line with parchment paper).
2. Combine powdered peanut butter and water in small mixing bowl, and stir until peanut butter consistency is reached.
3. If using a regular blender, mash beans in large bowl. If using a high-speed blender or food processor, skip this step.
4. Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
5. Transfer into mixing bowl and add in 1.5 Tbsp chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into pan, top with remaining chocolate chips, and bake for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).