Cost per serving: $0.63
Calories per serving: 153
Equipment you'll need: small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl, muffin tin with paper liners
2 tbsp chia powder + 6 tbsp water
1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup xylitol (or other sweetener of choice)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tbsp non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup grated carrot
Optional Frosting: (not included in nutrition facts)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1-2 Tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 320F, and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine chia powder and water in small mixing bowl, and set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and xylitol in large mixing bowl, and use a fork to mix well.
4. Add remaining ingredients (including chia mixture), and mix thoroughly.
5. Scoop batter into muffin tin, filling it about 2/3 full.
6. Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
7. Once cooled, frost cupcakes with the optional frosting or soy whipped cream. They are delicious without frosting, too!