Although they had been out of my life for quite some time, I woke up on Sunday morning thinking about how delicious a tall stack of pancakes slathered in maple syrup and topped with fresh fruit sounded.
I knew there had to be a way to make a healthier, vegan version of my old-time favorite breakfast, so I did some research. I found a recipe that I deemed suitable for "veganization" and got to work.
I stepped into the kitchen and 30 minutes later I had whipped up some of the best pancakes I had ever had!! My fiancé and I gobbled down the whole batch and decided that these pancakes were our new Sunday tradition.
They are that good!!
Cost per serving: $0.92
Calories per serving: 201
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, frying pan
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener* (use discount code "Annie" for 20% off!)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup almond milk
*Or other granulated sweetener of choice
1. Whisk together dry ingredients (almond flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and Lakanto) in large mixing bowl.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (applesauce, coconut oil, and almond milk).
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix thoroughly.
4. Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium-low heat. You'll know it's ready for the batter when you splash a few drops of water on the pan and it sizzles.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of your pancake batter onto frying pan, and cook for 2 minutes (until bottom side is golden brown).
6. Carefully flip pancake and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the pancake from the heat and place on plate to cool.
8. Spray frying pan with cooking spray again. Repeat steps 5-7 until all of the batter is gone.
Thank you for supporting the brands that I am passionate about, as your support helps me run this site and continue to create these recipes for y'all :)
Also, check out this site, which is an amazing resource with TONS of healthy recipes! Lots of low-calorie, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb options. Happy browsing :)