Cost per serving: $0.71
Calories per serving: 114
Equipment you'll need: blender, 9" cake pan (and saucepan if making this frosting, too!)
4 cups gluten-free quick oats
3 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup powdered erythritol (I use Swerve sweetener, confectioner's) (or other powdered sugar of choice)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp xanthan gum
400g yellow squash, sliced
1 Tbsp liquid stevia
3 tsp natural butter flavor
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp white distilled vinegar
Frosting: Healthy Chocolate Frosting (low-carb/sugar-free/low-fat/gluten-free/low-calorie!)
1. Preheat oven to 350F, spray cake pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside. (If you have two cake pans, do both at once).
2. Add oats to blender or food processor, and process until a flour-like consistency is reached.
3. Pour oats into large bowl, add baking powder, confectioner's sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum, and whisk to combine.
4. Add sliced squash, liquid stevia, butter flavor, vanilla extract, applesauce, water, and vinegar to blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
5. Pour wet ingredients into mixing bowl with dry ingredients, and stir until well-combined.
6. Pour half of the batter into prepared cake pan, and bake for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Pour remaining cake batter into second cake pan and repeat.
7. Let cakes cool, and frost with this chocolate frosting or frosting of choice, and stack cakes on top of each other!