Cost per serving: $0.81
Calories per serving: 230
Equipment you'll need: frying pan
1 block extra firm tofu, cut into 16 pieces
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
garlic powder, pepper
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Spray frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
3. Add tofu and season with garlic powder and pepper (a few dashes of each).
4. Fry tofu for 5 minutes, flip, and fry the other side for another 5 minutes or until tofu is golden brown and slightly charred in some places.
5. Remove from heat, coat each piece with barbecue sauce, and enjoy!