Many people don't like the texture, but if it's prepared correctly, the tofu firms up and becomes much more palatable to those with "texture issues."
(If you don't believe me, try out my Cinnamon French Tofu Sticks recipe, and you will likely become a tofu lover like me!)
This simple tofu stir fry recipe is so easy to make and a totally delicious dish that is ready in 10 minutes or less! It is packed with protein and fiber, and is the perfect lunch to get you through the day.
Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. Enjoy!
Cost per serving: $0.96
Calories per serving: 232
Equipment you'll need: frying pan or wok
1 block extra firm tofu, cubed
6 cups kale, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add minced garlic and bring to medium-high heat.
3. Add tofu, forming an even layer. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add in kale and liquid aminos, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
5. Top with sesame seeds, and enjoy!