Cost per serving: $1.25
Calories per serving: 286
Equipment you'll need: large skillet
1 block tofu, extra firm
1 cup kale, chopped
6 grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Crumble tofu with your hands until it resembles scrambled eggs and place in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes (to get rid of any extra water).
3. Add in kale and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and stir to combine thoroughly.
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes. If the tofu sticks to the pan, add a splash of almond milk.