These were born on a lazy, rainy, cold Sunday when leaving the house was not an option and cuddling on the couch was the only plan I saw in my future.
And let me tell ya, these pancakes actually made my life complete.
The aroma of gingerbread engulfed our house and it smelled like the holidays all day. So cozy and lovely!!!
It was the perfect relaxing day, made complete with a (large) stack of these healthy, whole-wheat, perfectly spiced pancakes topped with a copious amount of Sugar-Free Maple Syrup. Yay for the holidays and lazy Sundays!!!
Cost per serving: $0.25
Calories per serving: 76
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, non-stick skillet
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
4 Tbsp granulated erythritol, or other granulated sweetener of choice
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup water
2 Tbsp applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine flour, baking powder, erythritol, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Add in water, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and stir.
3. Heat non-stick skillet on low heat.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet, let cook for 2-3 minutes (until bubbles begin to form), flip carefully, and let other side cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Repeat until batter is gone!