Another one of those recipes that was quite difficult to photograph due to the spoon somehow making its way into my mouth every minute or so...
If you've been keeping up with me on Instagram, you know that it's almost my birthday (it's actually tomorrow, woohoo!!) and you've already seen a photo of my birthday cake!!
I am extremely excited.
I still feel like I did when I was a little kid when my birthday rolls around.
I start the countdown embarassingly early and can barely sleep the night before!
Anyway, tomorrow I will be sharing my birthday cake recipe that is also sugar-free/low-fat/gluten-free and you might recognize the frosting on it ;)
I think it is revolutionary... less than 120 calories for a DOUBLE LAYERED CAKE.
It is sooo delish and I will most definitely be having it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on my birthday.
I'm going to be 25 so I think I'm allowed to make those kinds of decisions.
Right Mom?!! :D
By the way, if you like this recipe, you will also probably like my vanilla Sugar-Free Frosting that is made with only 3 ingredients!!! Also so so good!
Cost per serving: $0.28
Calories per serving: 21
Equipment you'll need: saucepan, small bowl, blender
2.5 cups water
1/3 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp cornstarch + 4 Tbsp water
3/4 cup Swerve sweetener, confectioner's (or other confectioner's sugar of choice)
1 tsp liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp natural butter flavor
3 dashes salt
160g extra firm tofu
1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 4 Tbsp water, and mix.
2. Combine all other ingredients (except tofu) in saucepan, and whisk to combine. Add in cornstarch mixture last.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and allow to thicken for 10 minutes. Stir occaisionally to prevent burning.
4. Remove mixture from heat, add to blender with tofu, and blend until smooth.
5. Pour back into saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and allow to thicken to desired consistency. Stir occaisionally. Mine took about 10 more minutes. It will thicken a bit more as it cools.