Cost per serving: $0.28
Calories per serving: 21
Equipment you'll need: saucepan, small bowl, blender
2.5 cups water
1/3 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp cornstarch + 4 Tbsp water
3/4 cup Swerve sweetener, confectioner's (or other confectioner's sugar of choice)
1 tsp liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp natural butter flavor
3 dashes salt
160g extra firm tofu
1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 4 Tbsp water, and mix.
2. Combine all other ingredients (except tofu) in saucepan, and whisk to combine. Add in cornstarch mixture last.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and allow to thicken for 10 minutes. Stir occaisionally to prevent burning.
4. Remove mixture from heat, add to blender with tofu, and blend until smooth.
5. Pour back into saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and allow to thicken to desired consistency. Stir occaisionally. Mine took about 10 more minutes. It will thicken a bit more as it cools.