I love recipes like this that are no-bake and super simple.
You can throw this recipe together in less than 20 minutes!
I like to make a big batch so I have a grab-n-go snack available anytime I need one.
And this is not just any snack - it is loaded with chocolatey- peanut buttery heaven and Gaia Herbs Organic Maca Powder.
If you're new to maca, it is an ancient superfood that is an adaptogen, meaning it helps your body respond to stress in a healthy way!
Being a PhD student, blogger, soon to be vlogger (stay tuned, I am sooo excited!!!), health coach, and cookbook author, I sometimes feel slightly stressed :D
So anything to de-stress me, I'll take it! The amazing maca combined with chocolate and peanut butter totally does the trick.
Cost per serving: $0.16
Calories per serving: 49
Equipment you'll need: small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl
6 Tbsp powdered peanut butter + 4 Tbsp water
1.5 cups gluten-free quick oats
1 Tbsp maca powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
dash of salt
2 Tbsp applesauce
1/4 tsp natural butter flavor
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp liquid stevia
6 Tbsp water (more if needed)
1. In a small mixing bowl, add 4 Tbsp water to 6 Tbsp powdered peanut butter and stir to create peanut-butter-like consistancy.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, maca powder, cocoa powder, and salt, and stir.
3. Add in remaining ingredients (including peanut butter mixture), and stir to combine.
4. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Roll into 14 even-sized balls, and enjoy!