It's my new go-to bring to any party/get together snack because everyone LOVES it.
Perfectly sweet and salty and peanut buttery! Ahhh it's just so good.
And really who doesn't love Chex Mix?
This version is a million times healthier.
If you are a Chex Mix lover like me (but not a fan of all of the added fat and calories), you'll also love my Skinny Chex Mix and my Peanut Butter Chocolate Party Mix (aka Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow!).
Check them out friends. Happy Chex Mixing :)
Cost per serving: $0.18
Calories per serving: 102
Equipment you'll need: small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl, baking sheet
2 cups rice Chex
2 cups wheat Chex (to make this gluten-free, use more Rice Chex instead)
1.5 cups mini pretzels (use gluten-free pretzels if desired)
1/3 cup peanuts
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup water
6 Tbsp powdered peanut butter or peanut flour + 3 Tbsp water
12 drops Lakanto Liquid Monkfruit Sweetener* (use coupon code "ANNIE" for 20% off)
*Alternatively, use 25 drops liquid stevia extract or other liquid sweetener, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 175F, and spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine powdered peanut butter with water in small mixing bowl, and stir until peanut-butter consistency is reached.
3. Add in water, soy sauce, and liquid sweetener, and stir again.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine rice Chex, wheat Chex, pretzels, and peanuts.
5. Pour peanut mixture over Chex mixture, and stir until Chex mixture is evenly coated.
6. Spread evenly on a baking sheet, and bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.