PS - VegAnnie tees and tanks are now available!!! Scroll to the bottom of the post or click this link to find out how to get one :)
Cost per serving: $0.21
Calories per serving: 73
Equipment you'll need: high-speed blender or food processor (optional but recommended), small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl, muffin tin
1.5 cups garbanzo beans
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp applesauce
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 chia or flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax or chia powder + 6 Tbsp water)
3 dashes cinnamon
3 Tbsp coconut flour
3/4 cup stevia for baking
5-10 strawberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F, spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine chia or flax egg ingredients, stir, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. Combine all ingredients except strawberries in high-speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth.*
4. Scoop mixture into large mixing bowl, add strawberries, and stir.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: Let cool completely, or else they will be pretty crumbly!
*Alternatively, mash beans with a fork or potato masher until there are no bean pieces left. Then, combine all ingredients except strawberries in mixing bowl and stir until mixed throughly. Add strawberries, and proceed to Step 5.
Some of the options are pictured below. If you purchase one, be sure to snap a photo and tag #vegannie on Instagram so I can see how awesome you look in your new tee!