Cost per serving: $0.29
Calories per serving: 118
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, baking sheet, rolling pin
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Earth Balance, softened
2 Tbsp stevia
2 Tbsp silken tofu
1.5 Tbsp orange juice
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 Tbsp preserves (I like strawberry!)
1. In a large bowl, cream together Earth Balance and stevia.
2. Add in silken tofu, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add baking powder.
4. Gradually add in flour.
5. Stir until dough forms a ball.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
7. Preheat oven to 375° F and spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough using rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness.
9. Cut dough into circles (3 inch diameter) using a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, and place on baking sheet.
10. Spoon 1/2 tsp preserves on to the center of each circle.
11. Fold the sides sides of the circle to form a triangle and pinch the corners, forming a pocket around the preserves. Try not let the preserves overflow - they will ooze out even more in the oven.
12. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until hamantashen turn slightly brown on the edges.