Cost per serving: $0.70
Calories per serving: 132
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, cookie sheet, blender
1 chia or flax egg (1 Tbsp chia powder (or flax powder) + 3 Tbsp water)
1 2/3 cup applesauce
1 cup stevia for baking
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
6 Tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
For the filling:
1/2 block firm tofu, drained
1/4 cup stevia for baking
1 Tbsp lemon juice
as little water as possible for blending
1. Preheat oven to 325F, and line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Make chia egg: combine chia or flax powder and water in small mixing bowl, and set aside.
3. Combine remaining cookie ingredients in large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
4. Add chia egg, and mix well.
5. Use a spoon to scoop out dough into balls, place on baking sheet, and flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cookie comes out clean.
6. While cookies are baking, blend all filling ingredients in a blender.
7. Let cookies cool, and add about a tablespoon of filling to 10 cookies.
8. Top each of the cookies that have the filling on top with a similarly-sized plain cookie.