I love that this recipe makes a ginormous batch that just gets better with age as all of the comforting spices blend together.
It’s super easy to make, too! Just a bit of chopping, then throw it all in a pot and let the magic happen.
This post was sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market where you can find all of these scrumptious ingredients!
Sprouts carries high-quality ingredients, but you won’t break the bank.
Super budget friendly, fresh, and delicious.
If you haven’t been before, I highly recommend checking it out! Sprouts is a weekly stop for me.
Cost per serving: $0.59
Calories per serving: 144
Equipment you’ll need: large microwave-safe bowl, large pot
3 medium beets, peeled and chopped + 4 Tbsp. water
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 Tbsp Sprouts Brand Chili Powder
1/2 Tbsp Sprouts Brand Paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 can (28 ounces) Sprouts Brand Diced Tomatoes
1 can (15 ounces) Sprouts Brand Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed*
2 cups water
1 tsp Sprouts Brand Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional garnishes: vegan sour cream, fresh herbs*Swap for extra beets if you adhere to a paleo diet!
1. Add peeled and chopped beets and 4 Tbsp. water to a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Steam beats by microwaving on high for about 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Heat a large pot on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and 2 Tbsp. water. Sauté for five minutes. Stir frequently. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
4. Add cooked beets, water and spices to the pot, and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add diced tomatoes and kidney beans to the pot, and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Top with optional garnishes before serving, if desired.