These low-fat & oil-free Vegan Potato Kugel Cups have all the amazing, comforting taste and flavor of traditional potato kugel with a fraction of the calories! Gluten-free & low-calorie – only 37 calories each. Kosher for Passover, too!
If you haven’t heard of kugel before, I am not surprised!It is a traditional Jewish food that comes from… ok really I have no idea BUT it is totally delicious.
It tastes similar to hash browns.
This dish is usually made in a square baking dish, but I have been loving individually portioned things these days (like these Skinny Strawberry Muffins that I still can’t get enough of!).
They are kind of cute, don’t you think?!
Anyway, Passover is right around the corner, so I decided to tap into my roots and make this yummy Jewish dish.
I put my own healthier spin on it by omitting the oil and reducing the fat/calorie content.
These Vegan Potato Kugel Cups are the perfect side dish.
I also like to snack on them! They are easy to whip up, and so savory and satisfying.
For more Passover-friendly dishes, check out this amazing collection of over 50 Kosher For Passover Vegan & Grain-Free Recipes!
WANT TO DROP A FEW POUNDS?
You will love this 7-DAY VEGAN DETOX MEAL PLAN that’s complete with 21 simple & delicious recipes, grocery list, and meal prep schedule! All recipes are gluten-free and contain no added sugar!
USE COUPON CODE VEGANNIE FOR 15% OFF!
Cost per serving: $0.08
Calories per serving: 37
Equipment you’ll need: grater or spiralizer, large mixing bowl, skillet, muffin tin
600g potato (I used 2 large russet potatoes), grated or spiralized
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp cornstarch or potato starch
salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. In the meantime, sauté your onion and garlic over medium-high heat until they appear soft and translucent.
3. Add sautéed onions/garlic and potato to large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
4. Add in salt, paprika, and cornstarch to mixing bowl, and stir until veggies are evenly coated.
5. Push mixture into muffin tin (fill each space to the top), and bake for 40 minutes.
Vegan Potato Kugel Cups
- 600 g potato I used 2 large russet potatoes, grated or spiralized
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or potato starch
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In the meantime, sauté your onion and garlic over medium-high heat until they appear soft and translucent.
- Add sautéed onions/garlic and potato to large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add in salt, paprika, and cornstarch to mixing bowl, and stir until veggies are evenly coated.
- Push mixture into muffin tin (fill each space to the top), and bake for 40 minutes.