Enter my equally-as-delicious, slightly crispy, oven-baked, oil-free latkes that are only 63 calories a pop!
Seriously guys, that is unheard of in the latke world.
For those who aren’t familiar with latkes, they are a typical Jewish dish that kind of taste like hashbrowns.
They are SO good.
Happy Hannukah, friends!!
Cost per serving: $0.15
Calories per serving: 63
Equipment you’ll need: small mixing bowl, high-speed blender or food processor, colander, large mixing bowl
1 Tbsp ground flax or ground chia + 3 Tbsp water
3 medium-sized potatoes (about 5 cups), quartered
1 medium onion, quartered
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (or 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats ground into flour)
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425, spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine ground flax with water, and set aside.
3. Add potatoes and onions to high-speed blender or food processor, and process until they appear to be chopped finely.
4. Pour into colander and let drain for 10 minutes, pressing down wih a paper towel occaisionally to soak up excess moisture.
5. Place potato and onion mixture in large mixing bowl, add in remaining ingredients (including flax mixture), and stir to combine.
6. Form into 14 equal-sized patties, and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for 10 minutes, flip again and bake for 5 minutes, flip again and bake for 5 minutes. Repeat this until desired brown-ness is reached (mine were done after three flips).
7. Optional: top with applesauce or vegan sour cream!