This recipe may be the one that can turn all of you tofu-haters out there into tofu-lovers! It is seriously. SO. good. As in, I crave this stuff. Try it out for yourself!
It’s super easy to make, requiring only three simple ingredients.
Also, tofu is seriously so healthy for you. I know y’all have probably heard that there is controversy around it… but I just don’t really believe that.
It is FULL of protein and iron, and I just feel so HEALTHY when I eat it! It’s my favorite kind of full feeling. Do you know what I mean? I definitely feel different kinds of full when I eat different foods…
Anyway. I love tofu, and I want the world to know! Haha. Yes, I’m weird. Yes, only a vegan would say that. Ok, I think I’m done here…! Enjoy!
Cost per serving: $0.48
Calories per serving: 98
Equipment you’ll need: baking sheet & parchment paper, large mixing bowl
1 block extra firm tofu
1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos (or soy sauce or tamari)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Drain tofu: remove tofu from package, and wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Gently squeeze out excess moisture, and set aside for about 10 minutes to allow it to continue draining.
2. Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Once tofu is drained, cut into cubes, and place in large mixing bowl.
4. Pour Bragg’s and sprinkle cornstarch over tofu and toss gently until evenly coated and no dry cornstarch is visible.
5. Place cubes on baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes (until your tofu looks like the tofu in the pictures). Flip halfway through.This recipe was adapted from Erica’s original recipe. Find it here.