These Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are the perfect, simple, lightened-up side dish. They’re totally healthy & delicious – vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, paleo, keto & low-carb.
There are a few foods that it is nearly impossible for me to only have one serving (chips, popcorn, and mashed potatoes to name a few).
That’s why I was so ecstatic when I found a super healthy, low-carb version of mashed potatoes that is so healthy and delicious that I can have as many servings as I want!
Who would have thought that cauliflower, a nutritional powerhouse jam-packed with potassium, fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6, could actually mimic the taste and consistency of mashed potatoes?!
Not me, that’s for sure.
Anyway, enjoy this recipe as a snack or serve as a side dish, and impress your friends and family with this delicious recipe!
Perfect for Thanksgiving, too!
Cost per serving: $0.47
Calories per serving: 122
Equipment you’ll need: high-speed blender or food processor
3 cups cauliflower florets
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp water (more if needed to facilitate blending)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in high-speed blender or food processor and process until contents have reached a creamy, mashed-potato-ey consistency!
2. Warm in oven or microwave.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp water (more if needed to facilitate blending)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in Vitamix or food processor and process until contents have reached a creamy, mashed-potato-ey consistency!
- Warm in oven or microwave.