This super healthy & easy Vegan Miso Soup is the perfect comfort food! It comes together so quickly and is loaded with amazing, savory flavors. It's also gluten-free, low-carb, keto, low-fat & oil-free.
This savory Vegan Miso Soup recipe came to life last weekend when it was 30 degrees outside and totally dreary here in Austin.
My boyfriend and I were having a lazy Sunday bundled up on the couch when I decided that Vegan Miso Soup sounded like the best idea ever.
And it was!!!
I added in some kale because I try to incorporate it into any dish that I can, and it was definitely a success.
This nutrient-dense miso soup is perfect for a cold or rainy day - warm, comforting, and loaded with nutrition!
This recipe is...
Cost per serving: $0.85
Calories per serving: 61
Equipment you'll need: medium sauce pan, small mixing bowl
Want to drop a few pounds, but don't know where to start? Our new 21-Day Weight Loss Transformation is here!
Looking for more soup recipes? Here are a few of my faves!
2. Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup by Healthier Steps.
3. Instant Pot Tomato Soup by Recipes From A Pantry
4. Vegan Thai Soup by Simple Vegan Blog.
5. Vegan Wild Rice Soup by Veggies Save The Day.
6. Simple Vegan Bean Soup by Simple Vegan Blog.
Ok, back to this amazing Vegan Miso Soup 😍
Ingredients: makes 2 large servings
4 cups water
3 Tbsp light yellow miso + enough warm water to form paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup kale, chopped
1. Bring 4 cups water to a low simmer in sauce pan.
2. In a separate bowl, combine miso with warm water and whisk until it is a smooth consistency.
3. Add miso mixture to sauce pan, and stir.
4. Add garlic, green onions, and kale to sauce pan, and cook for 5 minutes.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker.
Vegan Miso Soup
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp light yellow miso + enough warm water to form paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- Bring 4 cups water to a low simmer in sauce pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine miso with warm water and whisk until it is a smooth consistency.
- Add miso mixture to sauce pan, and stir.
- Add garlic, green onions, and kale to sauce pan, and cook for 5 minutes.