You will love this super simple Vegan Stuffing! It is so easy to make and totally healthy. It's oil-free, low-fat & gluten-free optional, making it the perfect vegan Thanksgiving side dish.
I loooove Thanksgiving - everything about it! The food, the family time, and the beautifully crisp weather outside.
I always go home to Arizona and visit my parents, and my grandparents make the trek all the way from Canada to join us!
It's a wonderful celebration.
I am often asked by my followers how I navigate Thanksgiving both from a weight loss/maintenance perspective as well as a vegan perspective - the answer is the same for both!
I like to make a variety of lightened up side dishes and enjoy the HECK out of them!!!
This Vegan Stuffing is perfect because it is low in calories and fat, and everyone at the table will love it.
More side dish recipes will be coming this week, so stay tuned.
In the meantime, this archive of low-fat vegan Thanksgiving recipes is a great resource for us plant-based Thanksgiving lovers!
Enjoy, and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
Cost per serving: $0.22
Calories per serving: 71
Equipment you'll need: 8x8 baking dish, medium bowl
6 slices whole wheat bread (or gluten-free bread, if desired)
1 cup onion, chopped
2 celery slices, chopped
1/2 cup hot (boiled) water
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Preheat oven to 350, spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Chop bread into small, uniform pieces, and add to baking dish.
3. Add in chopped onion and celery, and stir.
4. Pour water into medium bowl, add soy sauce and spices, and whisk to combine.
5. Pour mixture into baking dish, and stir until well-combined.
6. Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- 6 slices whole wheat bread or gluten-free bread, if desired
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 celery slices chopped
- 1/2 cup hot boiled water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350, spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Chop bread into small, uniform pieces, and add to baking dish.
- Add in chopped onion and celery, and stir.
- Pour water into medium bowl, add soy sauce and spices, and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, and stir until well-combined.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover, and bake for 10 more minutes.