Mother Nature has gifted us with a lot of ‘green’ solutions to our constant problems. Just recently, many people have reported cases of sleep debt that affects their daily activities. Could CBD oil come to their rescue? Let’s find out.
Cannabidiol alias CBD is one of the over 100 cannabinoids that merge up to form the Cannabis Sativa plant. It is usually extracted individually and isolated from THC. Unlike the latter, CBD has no psychoactive reactions – so don’t expect to feel high! It is usually diluted in either olive oil or coconut oil to earn the name CBD oil. Its products have been making headlines recently and are now widely used although there are still legalities considered because weed isn’t legal all over the USA.
As an alternative, CBD can be extracted from the hemp plant which has very low levels of THC and still serves the same effects. This makes the oil more available since the hemp plant is acceptable by law and widely grown as well. But why opt for CBD oil? Its wide range of benefits has caused CBD Goodie Bags to flock with customers. The different ways to consume CBD oil include:
- Tinctures – the oil is put in a tiny glass bottle inclusive of a dropper that acts as the lead too
- Edibles – since CBD oil is soluble in fats, it can be easily included in gummies, brownies or lollipops
- Vaping – CBD-liquids are used in vapes
- Capsules – swallowed like pills
- Patches – applied directly to the skin.
Nonetheless, there are several CBD oil benefits and side effects. Without further ado, let’s check out why CBD oil is hyped.
CBD oil has earned its reputation for being instrumental in solving several issues. Some of the proven ones include:
- Epilepsy – this was the first intended use of CBD oil as it was discovered to reduce the seizures in epileptic children. It was very effective especially for those who didn’t respond to the normal medications. Capsules are advised because of the amount of dosage required.
- Arthritis – the inflammation of the joints of these patients causes extreme pain. Those people who suffer from chronic pain like to use CBD oil. This is because it interacts directly with receptors; CB1 and CB2 neutralize pain in our bodies. Arthritis patients use CBD oil for pain because it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that may minimize pain in swollen parts.
- Acne – acne is a form of skin inflammation. People use CBD oil for acne because it deals with inflammation cases in our bodies. The best way to use CBD oil for effective acne clearance is by using patches.
- Cancer and symptoms – CBD oil tackles the post effects of cancer medications such as chemo and pharmaceutical drugs. CBD oil for cancer provides relief due to the strength of the treatment.
- Sleep – while at the state of insomnia, you can either get lots of sleep or find it hard to travel to the dream-world. CBD oil has been recommended for individuals with these conditions because it reduces anxiety and helps to relax.
There are several side effects reported by those who have tried CBD oil before. They are:
- Cases of diarrhea if your gut didn’t react well to CBD oil
- Several people have had a relationship with CBD oil and nausea. This can occur when your body is stressed due to an overdose and vomiting can also occur
- Dry mouth was noticed in many users since marijuana has a record of secreting saliva after consumption
- Appetite changes
- Mood swings
Scientists have noted CBD oil has ups and downs as it is finding a way to convincing its worth. Have you tried CBD oil before? What impact did it have on your health? Have you recorded any significant change in your body? Leave us a comment.
Author’s Bio: Rich is an expert in natural remedies for medical conditions. He has some clients using CBD oil with a 12-year old epileptic patient showing the best improvement so far. He thinks more research is to be done before we can fully embrace the use of CBD oil. He enjoys drawing in his free time.