I hope you can imagine how your gas grill will appear if not nurtured with regular care and cleaning. Your all-time favorite grilled burgers and meat pieces may not taste that relish. Improper care means dull performance later. So, in this case, the tips on cleaning the gas grills will really help you out.
Gas grills are tough enough to perform with enhanced efficiency. But good care enhances the life span of the product…!! That’s the truth. It will make your grill perform amazingly, with no fear of dangers, and you will also find the maintained grills impression as well.
Tips on Cleaning Gas Grills
Your frequency of using your gas grill will decide how often it needs cleaning. It will be great if you can manage to clean your gas grill at least once a month. If the grill is not cleaned for a long time it can struggle to catch up the quality heat for cooking as it used to before.
The leftover of grease or dirt on the grill can block the flow of air in grill & make it sacrifice its efficacy and offers a limited taste to the food you grill.
1. Internal Gas Grill Cleaning
- Stop the supply of gas before you start the cleaning process. Also, don’t forget to turn off the knobs.
- Take the grill brush designed with wire bristles, metal scraper, and soapy water. Remove the grates of your gas grill. Take about 1/2 gallon of water and 1 tsp of liquid vessel soap. Plunge the wire brush into this soapy solution and remove the grime that you can find on each side of the grates.
- The plates that safeguard the burners & distribute even heat also need to be cleaned. You can use a scrub or sponge with soapy water to clean the plates.
- The holes of burners should not be clogged. If any solid stain is found on the burner holes then the flow of gas in the grill can be obstructed. So you can remove the solid scrap with a toothpick.
- Some gas grills are also designed with the bottom plate for debris collection. If your grill has the one with stable design, you can use a metal scraper to remove the burnt fragment and dispose of it.
- Now bottom cleaning is also essential. When you cook marinated meat, while transferring it on the grill, the marinated liquid substance may drip which can later turn solid and get stuck at the bottom of the grill. So with the sponge and soapy water, you can remove the grime collected beneath the grill burners. This will also help in preventing rust formation.
- Clean the bottom of the lid with a sponge and soapy solution. Remember not to scrape the metal to avoid rusting.
- Next, install the parts back and turn the gas on and ignite the grill on high. Now cover the lid for around 10-15 minutes to dissipate the leftovers of the cleanser or soap used on the surface of the grill’s inner part.
- In the last step, you can deactivate the burners and oil the grates for preventing the sticking of food. You can pour some drops of oil on a towel and rub it on the exterior of the heated grate with the help of tongs.
2. External Gas Grills Cleaning
- Again don’t forget to turn the gas grill off before you start with cleaning. Many gas grill models have the disposal pan designed. Clean the covering of the drip pan and replace it if it is disposable. If not then you can clean it with a paper towel and rinse it with a soapy solution for removing grease.
- Prepare the same solution as before for cleaning the exterior of the grill. Now start cleaning the entire external surface of the grill for removing the stuck food scraps to avoid corrosion. The burners and knobs also need to be cleaned with soapy water to remove the accumulated scarps around.
- After cleaning rinse the exterior of the grill. You can also polish and maintain the shine of your gas grill. The lid of stainless steel can be polished by spraying the cleaner on the towel and wiping it.
Tips for Gas Grill Maintenance
- Check out for any leakage before grill’s usage.
- Oil the grates surface before every use to avoid food sticking.
- Apply soap water generously around, valves, burner, and connections.
- Protect your grill from weather conditions with covering.
- Clean your gas grill regularly.
- Also, check the functioning of grill parts & replace it if required.
Cleaning and maintaining the gas grill is not a very hectic task. Little time adjustment and your precious efforts are all that is needed. You are smart enough to understand a cooking appliance cleaning & maintenance importance so never ignore it.
My efforts in presenting some fundamentals tips on cleaning gas grills include every essential step. The added maintenance tips will always make “smart you and your smart grill” presentable for every BBQ style.