2020 is upon us! We enter the new year with research into the benefits of recreational and medical marijuana still in development, but do not fret - we've got healthy and vegan-friendly food hacks with cannabis that can help you start your new year! Here is a list of cannabis recipes perfect for vegans out there:
Photo by Ella from Fresh n' Lean.
- Rolled oats
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Cannabis coconut oil
- Use a food processor to pulse rolled oats and walnuts into a fine powder.
- Mix in the dates, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, Cannabis Coconut Oil, and salt.
- Process evenly until all ingredients are mixed.
- Transfer the raw Canna-Brownie mix to a baking sheet.
- Press the mixed batter to shape it.
- Let the brownies set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Mix in the almond butter, maple syrup, and cocoa powder.
- Finally, spread the glaze on top of the chilled brownies and bon appetite!
Vegan Cannabis-Infused Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups of sprouted spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted CBD oil
This vegan waffle recipe works best with hybrid strains that you can take at the start of your day. Visit Weekend Gardener for more info.
- Whisk the dry ingredients, and then include the wet ingredients.
- Turn in the waffle iron, let the batter ascend while the waffle iron is heating up.
- Brush a small amount of oil on the waffle iron. (1 cup is a perfect waffle).
- Cook until golden and keep the waffle in the oven until it is ready to be served.
Note: Though this is not a gluten-free recipe, you may substitute gluten-free flour as you please!
Vegan Raw Chocolate Pudding
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 gram of finely ground kief or hash
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Vegan whipped topping (optional)
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor or blender until they are all smooth.
- Mix in enough water to add thickness to the pudding.
- Setin the refrigerator until it is ready to be served!
Note: You must decarboxylate the hash or kief before placing it in an ovenproof dish by baking for 25 minutes at 275 degrees F.
- 2 avocados
- 1 onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce marijuana olive lil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Mash the avocados until you get your desired density.
- Dice up the cherry tomatoes and onions into smaller than bite-size, about 1/3 of a cube.
- Mix all of the ingredients, add the chili powder, hot sauce, and marijuana olive oil.
- Stir all ingredients until everything is equally mixed.
- Chill your guacamole mix for about 30 minutes until it's ready for your munching.