Ingredients: makes 9 muffins
1.5 cups garbanzo beans
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp applesauce
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 dashes cinnamon 3 Tbsp coconut flour
3/4 cup granulated Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener** (use discount code ANNIE for 20% off!)
5-10 strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chia or flax egg ingredients, stir, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in high-speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth.*
- Scoop mixture into large mixing bowl, add strawberries, and stir.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: Let cool completely, or else they will be pretty crumbly!
*Alternatively, mash beans with a fork or potato masher until there are no bean pieces left. Then, combine all ingredients except strawberries in mixing bowl and stir until mixed throughly. Add strawberries, and proceed to Step 5.
**Or other granulated sweetener of choice, equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar.