And that is how the birthday pancake was born.
Whose birthday is it, you may ask?
Nobody I know!
But I know what I’m having for breakfast on my next birthday.
These cute, festive pancakes will definitely put a smile on the birthday boy/girl’s face, whoever he or she may be.
They are low-fat, oil-free, low-sugar, whole-wheat, and scrumptiously sweet and satisfying. Enjoy!!
Cost per serving: $0.42
Calories per serving: 108
Equipment you’ll need: large mixing bowl, non-stick skillet, spatula
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
3 Tbsp sugar-free sprinkles or regular vegan sprinklesOptional topping:
Lakanto’s amazing Sugar-Free Maple Syrup or make your own with this recipe!
1. Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
2. Add in wet ingredients, and stir.
3. Heat non-stick skillet on low heat, and let batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. Scoop out 1/4 cup of batter and place on skillet.
5. Let cook until bubbles begin to form (about 3 minutes), and then flip carefully. Let the other side cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, let cool, and top with Lakanto’s amazing Sugar-Free Maple Syrup or make your own with this recipe, if desired.