My mother is one of my toughest recipe critics. She doesn’t really like things that taste “healthy” or “vegan.” She is also not afraid to be brutally honest!
Since she lives in Arizona, she doesn’t have the opportunity to try my recipes very often (I feel like I’m always learning and improving!).
Anyway, when I went home for Thanksgiving, I brought a few of these with me (along with these Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies) feeling confident (although slightly nervous – always at least slightly nervous about what non-vegans will think!) that she would like them.
You should have seen the look on her face when she tried one. SUCCESS!!
She loved them. She now has the recipe and told me she will be making them this week!! Woohoo! (UPDATE: she makes these all the time!)
I think y’all will love them, too. Festive and pretty for the holidays :). Oh yes, they are also gluten-free, low-fat, and added-sugar-free as if their gloriousness wasn’t already enough!
PS – in case you were wondering, she also loved the Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies!
Cost per serving: $0.39
Calories per serving: 79
Equipment you’ll need: high-speed blender or food-processor (if carrots aren’t pre-shredded), large mixing bowl, 8×8 baking pan
360g carrots, shredded
1.5 cups gluten-free quick oats
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener* (use discount code “Annie” for 20% off!)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F, spray 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray, and set aside.
2. Shred carrots if they aren’t shredded already (I do this in my Vitamix – just toss ’em in there and blend until they are shredded-esque).
3. Place oats, salt, granulated Swerve, baking powder, and cinnamon in large mixing bowl, and whisk. I do this with a fork.
4. Add in applesauce, water, and vanilla extract, and stir until well-combined.
5. Add in cranberries, and stir again.
6. Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
7. Pour batter into prepared baking pan, and bake for 35 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).