I have always been a huge fan of granola, but it's usually loaded with processed ingredients and added fat (which I am definitely NOT a fan of).This recipe is free of added sugar, gluten-free, oil-free and made with simple, whole food ingredients that are absolutely delicious! Top with almond milk for a scrumptious, low-fat breakfast cereal or enjoy as is for a snack.
This granola is a great, kid-friendly recipe that is easy to make and perfect to take to school or work.
Cost per serving: $0.97
Calories per serving: 125
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, medium mixing bowl, cookie sheet OR 9x13 glass casserole dish
2 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
8 drops liquid stevia
4 Tbsp peanut flour or powdered peanut butter + 2 Tbsp water (or 2 Tbsp regular peanut butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300F, line a cookie sheet or 9x13 glass casserole dish with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and cinnamon, and stir.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine peanut flour/powdered peanut butter with water, and stir until peanut butter consistency is reached.
4. Add in applesauce, stevia, and vanilla extract, and whisk.
5. Pour mixture over oats and stir until oats are coated evenly.
6. Transfer mixture to baking dish or cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, stir, and bake for 10 more minutes.
8. Remove from heat one more time, stir, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Let cool, and mix in raisins.
I made this today! I love how simply your recipes are, Annie. I already had all these ingredients in my pantry. This is delicious : )
Awesome! I am so glad you liked it 🙂