I love Halloween (still!). It’s always so fun to dress up and it’s a great excuse to eat copious amounts of baked goods and candy. Brownies have been my thing lately, and as I was getting lost on Pinterest (which is a usual occurrence) I stumbled upon this photo of spiderweb brownies that totally inspired me! Then I made my own version and goodness they are delish!! Super kid-friendly and perfect for Halloween festivities.On another note, I’ve always been a stevia girl as y’all may have noticed. I recently was sent some Swerve Sweetener and I am now a total believer in it!!! I absolutely LOVE it. No aftertaste, and perfectly sweet – just like sugar. It literally is exactly like sugar… give it a try, friends. You’ll be blown away! I know I was!
Cost per serving: $0.58
Calories per serving: 65
Equipment you’ll need: high-speed blender or food processor, 8×8 baking pan
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup water
1.5 cups gluten-free quick oats
3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener, granular (or other granulated sweetener of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 dashes saltFor the frosting:
1/2 block extra firm tofu
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Swerve Sweetener, confectioner’s (or regular confectioner’s sugar, to taste)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
as little water as necessary to facilitate blending*Note: you will have frosting left over, so feel free to make a batch of Carrot Cake Cupcakes or Whoopie Pies!
1. Preheat oven to 350F, spray 8×8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients (except frosting ingredients) in high-speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
3. Pour batter into 8×8 pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Prepare frosting: combine all ingredients in high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
5. Once brownies have cooled, frost. I used a ketchup bottle like this to make the spiderwebs!