They are also super easy to make.
Aka my favorite kind of recipe!
On another note… I hope everyone has a wonderful new year, and I cannot wait to see what 2016 has in store for us all!
Thank you all for your endless support and motivation!! It means the world to me.
Cost per serving: $0.24
Calories per serving: 79
Equipment you’ll need: small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl, muffin tin
2 chia or flax egg (2 Tbsp chia powder (or flax powder) + 6 Tbsp water)
1 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Lakanto granulated sweetener* (use discount code “Annie” for 20% off!)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup grated carrot*Or other granulated sweetener of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350F, and line a muffin tin with paper liners and/or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Make chia or flax egg: combine chia or flax powder and water in small mixing bowl, and set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and Lakanto in large mixing bowl, and use a fork to mix well.
4. Add remaining ingredients (including chia mixture), and mix.
5. Scoop batter into muffin tin, filling it about 2/3 full.
6. Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
7. Once cooled, frost cupcakes with the optional frosting or vegan whipped cream.