They are vegan, low-fat, low-sugar, and sneak in a healthy dose of fiber, too!
They are also oil-free with a gluten-free option.
How's THAT for a cupcake!
I made these scrumptious little treats for a friend's birthday a few weeks ago and they were a total success.
Made in one bowl (easy cleanup, yay!) and totally delish.
Cost per serving: $0.69
Calories per serving: 117
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, muffin tin
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated erythritol, or granulated sweetener of choice (I used Swerve)
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles (or sugar-free rainbow sprinkles)
Sugar-Free Frosting, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line muffin tin with paper liners (and spray those with cooking spray).
2. Combine all ingredients (except sprinkles) in large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. I find that using a fork first and then a spoon works very well. Then, add in sprinkles and mix.
3. Scoop batter into muffin tin and fill 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting.
6. When cupcakes are done, let cool, and frost.