I can feel the love in the air, and it’s just beautiful!
I know some people think that if you really love someone, you should show them EVERY day, not just on Valentine’s day (which I totally agree with), but it’s still fun.
Also, I love an excuse to eat chocolate, candy, cupcakes, and pretty much any other sweet treat that exists.
If all of that deliciousness is involved, sign me up!
Anyway, these cute lil’ cupcakes are perfect for your sweetie this Valentine’s Day.
They are super yummy, and SO easy to make.
The recipe will take you 5 minutes to prep. Easy AND delicious cupcakes?! Sounds like a win-win to me!
Happy Valentine’s Day, loves!
Calories per serving: 95
Cost per serving: $0.56
Equipment you’ll need: large mixing bowl, muffin tin
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or gluten-free all purpose flour)
1 cup Lakanto granulated sweetener* (use discount code “Annie” for 20% off!)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extractOptional pink frosting:
Add 1 Tbsp beet purée to this Sugar-Free Frosting or the filling from this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line muffin tin with paper liners (and spray those with cooking spray).
2. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. I find that using a fork first and then a spoon works very well.
3. Scoop batter into muffin tin and fill 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool, and then frost!