I have fond memories of sitting around the table after the seder was finished and getting to munch on all of the yummy Passover-friendly goodies!
I also loved those multicolored gummy lemon/lime/orange slices – do you know what I’m talking about?!
But macaroons were still my fave.
These macaroons are about a million times healthier than store-bought. Not only are they vegan, low-carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, and oil-free, they are only 37 calories each!!!
They are slightly different in consistency than a traditional macaroon (a little bit more shortbread-like), but with a perfect coconut flavor.
Totally munchable and addictive.
Cost per serving: $0.16
Calories per serving: 37
Equipment you’ll need: large mixing bowl, baking sheet
3 Tbsp ground flax + 9 Tbsp water
8 Tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
5 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp oat fiber
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener* (use discount code “Annie” for 20% off!)*Or other granulated sweetener of choice
1. Combine flax and water in large mixing bowl, and stir.
2. Add remaining ingredients, and stir until well-combined.
3. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
5. Roll dough into 15 equal-sized balls, place on baking sheet, and push down to flatten the bottom.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. They will firm up a bit more as they cool.