Sugar cookies are one of my faves. Always have been!
I used to eat those terrible (but amazing) sugar cookies from the grocery store with the pink and yellow frosting – do y’all know what I’m talking about?
The ones with sprinkles on top?
They are probably so artificial that they are made of plastic and in a laboratory somewhere.
Anyway, these are just as good. Not the same (of course – how could I seriously replicate those?!!) but so so so yummy.
Cost per serving: $0.08
Calories per serving: 66
Equipment you’ll need:high-speed blender, baking sheet, medium bowl
1.5 cups gluten-free quick oats
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp applesauce
2 Tbsp water
1/4 cup cooked or canned garbanzo beans
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp natural butter flavor
1 cup Swerve sweetener, confectioner’s (or other confectioner’s sugar of choice)Optional:
My favorite Sugar-Free Frosting (pictured!)
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick cooking spray), and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients inhigh-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into medium bowl, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Roll dough into ball shapes, place on prepared baking sheet, and flatten with the palm of your hand to about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Let cool and frost with my favorite Sugar-Free Frosting or whatever frosting you’d like! They are also delish as-is.