These healthy Keto Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries are absolutely divine!! Rich, chocolatey perfection. They are also gluten-free, low-carb, dairy-free, paleo, and contain no added sugar.
Here is another perfect recipe to give to your special someone this Valentine's Day!
Not only are these chocolate-covered strawberries pure chocolatey bliss in every bite, they are also about a million times better for you than anything you could get from the store.
These decadent, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo chocolate-covered strawberries contain a huge dose of antioxidants and lauric acid, which is a healthy saturated fat that has been shown to boost energy, metabolism, and endurance as well as improve blood cholesterol levels (source).
Pretty amazing stuff!
Enjoy these guilt-free, mouthwatering, Valentine's Day treats and experience pure chocolate heaven in your mouth.
Note: the ingredients for the chocolate in this recipe are the same as the ingredients in my Healthy Vegan Chocolates recipe, so make a big batch of chocolates and use the leftover chocolate to dip your strawberries into for an extra special, superfood-filled Valentine's Day!
Cost per serving: $0.25
Calories per serving: 69
Equipment you'll need: mixing bowl
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
6 Tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
18 drops liquid stevia extract
1. Melt coconut oil in small bowl: microwave for 30 to 45 seconds until liquified.
2. Add cacao, vanilla extract, and stevia to coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on plate lined with aluminum foil.
4. Allow chocolate to harden by placing strawberries in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
Keto Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 drops liquid stevia
- 15 strawberries
- Melt coconut oil in small bowl: microwave for 30 to 45 seconds until liquified.
- Add cacao, vanilla extract, and stevia to coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on plate lined with aluminum foil.
- Allow chocolate to harden by placing strawberries in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
Just made these today as a quick Valentine's treat! However, I used sugar instead of liquid stevia. The result was awesome in flavor but the texture was off, like the sugar hadn't dissolved in the mixture and it was grainy.
Do you have any ideas on how to prevent that from happening? Or should I use honey or agave next time instead?
Hmmm. Yes, I bet honey or agave would work!