These super simple and healthy Keto Vegan Chocolates are so rich and delicious! They are the perfect treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings. Glluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, low-carb, sugar-free & low-calorie - only 57 calories each!
Love is in the air with Valentine's day around the corner!
Show your true love by making your special Valentine these amazingly delicious Keto Vegan Chocolates that are totally healthy and nourishing!
Not only are these delicious little treats only 57 calories each (with ZERO sugar), they are also full of antioxidants and magnesium!
About the saturated fat: usually saturated fat is not something I am fond of, as it has been shown to raise bad cholesterol.
However, the saturated fat in coconut oil (found in this recipe) is unlike most and actually possesses a host of benefits!It is a medium chain fatty acid (called lauric acid) that has been shown to raise good cholesterol (HDL) and lower bad cholesterol (LDL).
Additionally, coconut oil might have weight loss benefits!
In one study, women who consumed 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day for 12 weeks had reduced abdominal fat compared with the women who did not consume it.
Coconut oil has also been shown to have antiviral and antibacterial effects in addition to having the ability to increase metabolism, energy, and endurance by boosting thyroid function (source).
Basically, coconut oil is AMAZING, and so are these decadent little Keto Vegan Chocolates. Give them a try this Valentine's day.
I promise you won't regret it!
They are vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, keto & and sugar-free.
Cost per serving: $0.20
Calories per serving: 57
Equipment you'll need: mixing bowl, chocolate hearts mold or chocolate bar mold
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
9 Tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
3 Tbsp Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup (or maple syrup or agave)
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 drops liquid stevia extract
1. Melt coconut oil in small bowl: microwave for 30 to 45 seconds until liquified.
2. Add cacao, agave, vanilla extract, and stevia to coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Use a spoon to carefully place chocolate into heart mold. If you do not have a mold, pour chocolate mixture into baking dish. Place heart mold, chocolate bar mold or baking dish in freezer for at least 10 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
4. Enjoy your deliciously chocolatey, guilt-free treat!
Keto Vegan Chocolates
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 9 Tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- Melt coconut oil in small bowl: microwave for 30 to 45 seconds until liquified.
- Add cacao, agave, vanilla extract, and stevia to coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Use a spoon to carefully place chocolate into heart mold or chocolate bar mold. If you do not have a mold, pour chocolate mixture into baking dish. Place heart mold, chocolate bar mold or baking dish in freezer for at least 10 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Enjoy your deliciously chocolatey, guilt-free treat!
Please read up on the latest info on coconut oil. Cardiologist says NO to it in that it does raise bad cholesterol levels and can if consumed in large quantities can raise good cholesterol just a small amt