I have always LOVED burgers. There is just something about biting into a big, juicy burger that instantly brings a smile to my face.
Since I became vegan, I have probably had hundreds of different veggie burgers.
This one is definitely on my Top 5 list.
These delicious chipotle pinto burgers are moist and bursting with flavor in every bite!
They are so easy to make and will surely be a crowd pleaser.
My boyfriend and I devoured these in seconds, and we are looking forward to having leftovers for lunch later today!
These burgers are...
& perfectly spicy and flavorful!
Cost per serving: $0.47
Calories per serving: 132
Equipment you'll need: mixing bowl, baking sheet, parchment paper
Ingredients: makes 4 burgers
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup gluten-free quick oats
2 Tbsp vegan mayo
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Mash beans in a medium mixing bowl until there are no whole beans left.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well-combined.
5. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and roll into balls with clean hands.
6. Place on prepared baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 8 minutes. Flip one more time and bake for 5 more minutes.
Adapted from the Everyday Happy Herbivore Cookbook.