You will LOVE this delicious, healing immunity-boosting Vegan Ginger Bok Choy Noodle Soup! It's so comforting and easy to make. Gluten-free optional, paleo, oil-free, low-fat, dairy-free & high-protein.
It's my dad's 65th birthday today!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!You may wonder what Ginger Bok Choy Soup has to do with my dad's birthday (shouldn't I be posting a cake or something?).
Also, I take every opportunity - birthdays, holidays, etc. to eat EXTRA servings of sweets.
Of course all of the sweets I make are HEALTHY versions that are actually good for you... but anyway, back to the topic at hand.
MY DAD! Who is not a fan of sweets at all (I don't get it/wish I got that gene), but anywho, he LOVES soup.
In fact, he loves soup so much that he eats it every single day for BREAKFAST.
He loves all soup (as long as it's PIPING HOT), but soup with bok choy in it is a classic favorite of his.
So, that is why I am posting this recipe for his birthday!
Let me tell you a little bit about my dad (scroll down for some cute pics!).
He is actually the most brilliant man I know.
I call him often to ask him business questions, life questions, mortgage questions, tax questions - you know, the grown up stuff, and he ALWAYS knows the answers.
I don't know how he does it... I swear, it seems like he knows everything.
It's amazing. HE'S amazing!
He is thoughtful and kind and ACTUALLY listens when people talk.
He gives you his full attention (which I have found to be kind of rare these days...) and gives the BEST, most well thought-out advice (he will NEVER tell you what you want to hear just because you want to hear it, which is another quality I value tremendously).
He is incredibly generous and has the most positive outlook on life.
One of his favorite responses when I ask "how are you" is "I couldn't be better if I tried" - and he means it.
My heart feels fuzzy as I write this because I just love him so much!!!!
Dad, I know you're reading this (he reads EVERY SINGLE ONE of my posts - he's pretty awesome like that), I LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And can't wait to see you later!!
Cost per serving: $1.33
Calories per serving: 286
Equipment you'll need: large stockpot
1 Tbsp water
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 head bok choy, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups water
4 ounces noodles, uncooked (of your choice/gluten-free/paleo friendly if desired, I used regular 'ole spaghetti noodles)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add 1 Tbsp water, garlic, and green onions to stockpot and heat on medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir frequently. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
2. Add in vegetable broth and water, and bring to a boil.
3. Add in bok choy and ginger, and cook for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Add in noodles, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until noodles are softened to your liking/according to package instructions.
5. Taste, and add salt, pepper, and additional if desired.
Vegan Ginger Bok Choy Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head bok choy chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces uncooked noodles (of your choice/gluten-free/paleo friendly if desired, I used regular 'ole spaghetti noodles)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds & red pepper flakes
- Add 1 Tbsp water, garlic, and green onions to stockpot and heat on medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir frequently. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add in vegetable broth and water, and bring to a boil.
- Add in bok choy and ginger, and cook for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in noodles, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until noodles are softened to your liking/according to package instructions.
- Taste, and add salt, pepper, and additional if desired.