Happy New Year, friends!!!This is a perfect recipe to reset for the New Year and start it off on a healthy, hearty, nourishing note.
It’s loaded with comforting veggie goodness and super easy to make – just throw everything in the microwave, drizzle with some dressing, and voila – a beautiful, colorful bowl of steamed veggies ready to nourish your body and soothe your disgetive system!
Easy as pie. But… if your holiday was anything like mine, we probably shouldn’t even SAY the word “pie” right now.
Enjoy my friends!!! Happy New Year!!!
Cost per serving: $2.77
Calories per serving: 343
Equipment you’ll need: small mixing bowl, 4 medium microwave-safe bowls, large serving bowl
3 medium carrots (~200g), sliced
3 medium yellow squash (~360g), sliced
1 medium head broccoli (~250g), chopped into florets
1 medium beet (~275g), choppedFor the dressing:
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2.5 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp garlic powder
8 drops liquid stevia
salt, to taste
1. Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
2. Steam carrots: place in microwave-safe bowl, top with 1 Tbsp water, cover, and microwave for 5 minutes.
3. Steam squash: place in microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes.
4. Steam broccoli florets: place in microwave-safe bowl, top with 2 Tbsp water, cover, and microwave for 6-8 minutes, or until broccoli is softened.
5. Steam beets: place in microwave-safe bowl, top with 3 Tbsp water, cover, and microwave for 10 minutes, or until beets are softened.
6. Combine all steamed veggies in large bowl, toss with dressing, and enjoy.