This Thai Peanut Tofu Sandwich is totally delicious! It’s vegan, gluten-free, keto, low-carb, dairy-free, oil-free & and vegetarian. Also super easy to make & packed with fiber and protein. The perfect, healthy lunch!
If you haven’t noticed, I’m kind of obsessed with tofu.
I know there is a lot of controversy around it, but I believe it is one of the perfect vegan protein sources.
There’s actually tons of research showing how hearty and beneficial it is to us, too!
That being said, we all have to listen to our OWN bodies to know if it’s good for us.
I know that my body LOVES IT and it makes me feel GOOD!
It’s super filling and hearty and can turn into so many amazing things!!!
I always use House Foods organic tofu in my recipes because it is reasonably priced, non-GMO, and just delicious!
So. This Thai Peanut Tofu Sandwich is SO GOOD and super easy to make. I used my famous Skinny Thai Peanut Sauce, but you can use any peanut sauce you like.
But trust me… my sauce is pretty fantastic if I do say so myself!
This recipe is…
& perfectly filling, nutritious, and delicious!
So basically – you NEED this Thai Peanut Tofu Sandwich in your life ASAP 🙌🙌🙌
This post is sponsored by my FAVORITE tofu brand, House Foods. They are my go-to for all of my organic tofu needs (of which I have many, perhaps more than the average person :D)
Cost per serving: $2.47
Calories per serving: 268
Equipment you’ll need: frying pan
1 block House Foods organic extra firm tofu
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 cup Skinny Peanut Sauce (or your favorite peanut sauce)
Buns or bread of choice, shredded carrots, lettuce, sprouts, and/or any other toppings you like
*Use gluten-free or keto buns/bread to keep this recipe gluten-free and/or keto!
1. Drain tofu: remove tofu from package, and wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Gently squeeze out excess moisture, and set aside for about 10 minutes to allow it to continue draining.
2. Once drained, cut tofu into two equal-sized square pieces.
3. Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
4. Add tofu and season with salt and pepper (a few dashes of each).
5. Fry tofu for 5 minutes, flip, spice again, and fry the other side for another 5 minutes or until tofu is golden brown and slightly charred in some places.
6. Remove from heat, and coat tofu with Skinny Peanut Sauce.
7. Serve on a bun or bread with all of your favorite toppings.