They are sweet and spicy and bursting with flavor in every bite.
This was another recipe I couldn't wait to test out on my parents while I was I was visiting them in Scottsdale, Arizona this weekend.
I was thrilled because it was another huge success! (They also loved my Quick Two Bean Salad recipe).
Not only do these fries taste absolutely delicious, they are made without oil and are both gluten and fat free.
You'd never be able to tell, though 🙂 Enjoy!
Cost per serving: $0.25
Calories per serving: 130.5
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, baking sheet
2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp almond milk
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt (more to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Chop sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges and place in large mixing bowl.
3. Coat wedges evenly with almond milk. Use your hands to move potatoes around to make sure they are evenly coated.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine spices and mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle spices over potato wedges and toss until even coated.
5. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
6. Lay wedges flat on cookie sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
These were amazing! I made them for dinner tonight (along with your Chipotle pinto bean burgers). The fries were perfectly crispy and perfectly seasoned. My only modifications were to 1) turn the fries midway through cooking for even browning, and 2) use parchment paper to absorb moisture and make clean-up faster.
Thank you for the great recipe! I will definitely make it again.
Yay!! So glad you liked them! Those are great suggestions. Thanks, Christina!
Thanks for yet another oil-free recipe! Thanks to you and your previous recipes I realised it is possible to roast and bake vegetables without using an oil. Going to try this recipe! 🙂
YAY!! Hope you love it as much as I do ????
by cooking spray, you are talking about an oil spray, correct?
Yes, a non-stick cooking spray! But this recipe also will work on parchment paper 🙂