Cost per serving: $0.45
Calories per serving: 94
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, blender or food processor, 8x8 pan
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup xylitol (alternative sweetener - you can also use brown sugar, white sugar, or stevia for baking)
1/2 tsp liquid stevia
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray pan with non-stick spray (or line with parchment paper).
2. If using a regular blender, mash beans in large bowl. If using a high-speed blender or food processor, skip this step.
3. Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer into mixing bowl and add in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).