Cost per serving: $0.72
Calories per serving: 28
Equipment you'll need: blender, baking sheet
1 package Mori-Nu tofu (firm)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos (soy sauce or tamari is fine too)
1/4 tsp cayenne powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tsp onion powder
3 tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
chili powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F and prep jalapeños: cut off tops, slice in half, and remove seeds and membranes. Note: wear gloves if you have sensitive skin - the spiciness of the jalapeños started to burn my fingers after a while!
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil (or coat with cooking spray) and place jalapeños on top facing up.
3. Add tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic, ketchup, Bragg's liquid aminos, cayenne, turmeric, and onion powder to blender and blend until smooth to create the cheese mixture.
4. Use a tablespoon to spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeño.
5. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and chili powder if desired.
6. Bake for 15 minutes!