The countdown is about to begin, and the new decade is going to bring us the new horizons filled with hope and prosperity. At this time of life that’s filled with running around the bustling streets and darting towards the respective homes to spend maximum, quality time with our loved ones, each one of us should definitely make a list of resolutions for the upcoming year to match up with our desires and wishes and to make our dreams to turn into reality.
The New Year is one such time which is looked forward by all of us to make way for brand new promises and introduce new strategies that help us win the rat-race called “life.”
Galaxy Training Australia – The unconventional campaigner of the genuine and reliable training of Responsible Service of Alcohol certification [RSA] gives you a glimpse of the popular cocktails that are full of life, that are quirky and are just so chic! Celebrate the New Year’s Eve in GTA’s style with these best drinks which are Oh-so-darn stylish. It would be an offence on your part for not trying these high-spirited, charismatic cocktails. Here is your list of 10 such sparkling glasses of stunners which can ignite your senses and swiftly take you to the best part of the new day of the New Year:
1. GOOD LUCK CHARM
A charming glass of goodness to make your new year a lucky one.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey (Jim Beam)
- 3/4 ounce limoncello
- 2 ounces lemon sour (fresh)
- 5 to 6 spearmint leaves (torn)
- Garnish: sugar (for rim)
- Garnish: lemon wheel
2. POMEGRANATE CHAMPAGNE PUNCH
The burst of fruits with a blast of cinnamon adding that extra zing!
- 16 ounces pomegranate juice
- 12 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces citrus vodka
- 1 (750-millilitre) bottle Champagne
- 12 ounces ginger ale
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds, seasonal fruit, mint, or citrus slices
3. SILVER SANGRIA
Dreamy, snow-whitey drink to match the snow-kissed Christmas tree outside your window!
- 8 ounces gin (Nolet’s Silver Dry Gin)
- 750 ml bottle white wine (dry)
- 4 ounces white grape juice
- 4 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces grapes (seedless, sliced)
- 1 apple (sliced, green or red)
- 16 ounces ginger ale (or club soda)
4. FIGGY SPARKLER
A sparkling glass of wonder with dancing flavours of fresh and dried exotic fruits.
- 1 fig (dried, use fresh when available)
- 2 slices orange (cut in half)
- 6 cranberries (fresh)
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces Prosecco (or any sparkling wine)
- Garnish: orange twist
- Garnish: 3 cranberries
5. BLACK VELVET
Black is black and black is back with its velvety appearance giving you a silhouette of the best bar in town effect in a single glass.
- 4 ounces Champagne (chilled)
- 4 ounces stout (chilled)
6. LEAP YEAR
Get engrossed in this Gin joy…the leap 2020 year is here!
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- Garnish: lemon twist
7. TWENTIETH CENTURY COCKTAIL
Celebrate the fall of one more decade with the drink of the 20th century. Old is the new NEW!
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce crème de cacao (white)
- 1/2 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice (fresh)
8. MIDNIGHT MARTINI
Shout out to those party skulks who howl the countdown in style. This Midnight spend it in style with a martini with your league!
- 1 1/2 ounces espresso vodka
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
- Optional: 1/4 ounce cinnamon syrup
- Garnish: lemon twist
9. SPICED CRANBERRY MARGARITA
What’s a party without some spice in it? Caress the Cranberries with some cinnamon and liqueur. You never know – a party Genie might appear. Check out now!
- For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- For the Margarita:
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- Optional: cinnamon stick and orange slice (for garnish)
10. HAPPY NEW YEAR
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Let me hear you say…?
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- 3/4 ounce ruby port
- 3/4 ounce orange juice
- 4 ounces Champagne
Written by: Samara Robinson
Samara Robinson was born and raised in Canberra, Australia. She is a mother who loves cooking and binging over a book with a bowl of popcorn. Her love for language and colours has made her write on varied topics like from food to fashion, gardening to parenting and health to partying. She is a trained dancer and a singer with an acquired taste towards dramatics and tribal art forms. She now works for Australia’s leading RSA and RSG training company Galaxy Training Australia as a Creative Content Developer with her extensive experience in the field of Online Marketing.