When I became vegan he started experimenting in the kitchen with vegan dishes so that when I came home to visit I had a variety of new things to try (He is so sweet!).
In the process, he has developed so many delicious combinations that he and my mother enjoy on a regular basis.
The Southwest Tofu Bowl was the first of my dad's recipes I tried when I was visiting over winter break, and it is so delicious!
High in protein and fiber and low in saturated fat and carbs.
This recipe is great for lunch or dinner and will keep you feeling full and satisfied.
This is the perfect recipe for those trying to shed a few pounds or those who are trying to gain muscle mass.
It's also perfect for anyone who just wants a delicious, healthy, filling meal!
Cost per serving: $0.92
Calories per serving: 265
Equipment you'll need: stockpot
1 block of tofu (extra firm), cubed
1 can (15 oz) corn
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp water
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped
1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp water in stock pot on medium heat.
2. Add onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic to stock pot and cook on medium until onions appear soft (about 3 minutes). Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
2. Add tomatoes and corn, and stir.
3. Add tofu.
4. Bring contents of stock pot to a boil using high heat.
5. Once boiling, reduce to simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes.