Cost per serving: $0.23
Calories per serving: 131
Equipment you'll need: large bowl, medium bowl, small bowl, 2 large baking sheets, rolling pin (optional)
3 cups white whole-wheat pastry flour
2 tsp ginger powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp chia powder + 3 Tbsp water
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar
20 drops liquid stevia
1. Combine chia powder and water in small bowl and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, pepper, baking powder, and baking soda, and whisk until thoroughly combined.
3. Add melted coconut oil, applesauce, molasses, sugar, liquid stevia, and chia powder/water mixture to medium mixing bowl, and stir.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well (you're allowed to use your hands to do this!).
5. Divide the dough in half, shape each half into an oval disk (about 1 inch thick), wrap each disk in saran wrap or tin foil, and refrigerate them for one hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
7. If using cookie cutters, lightly flour countertop, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness, use cookie cutter to create desired shape, and place on baking sheet (1/2 inch apart). (To make regular circular cookies, divide each round disk into eight equal pieces, roll each piece into a ball, place on baking sheet, and flatten with the palm of your hand.)
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cookies will harden slightly after removing from oven.
9. Decorate with frosting, if desired.