Impress all your friends with this delicious sugar cookie in avocado frosting that is vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, and sugar-free.
I have found that some gluten-free baking can get pretty complicated, but these cookies only require 5 ingredients.
They are easy to make, and they have been huge hit with everyone who has tried them (vegans and non-vegans alike!).
Hope y’all have a great St. Patty’s Day!
Cost per serving: $0.32
Calories per serving: 100
Equipment you’ll need: medium mixing bowl, baking sheet, parchment paper, blender
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup (or maple syrup or agave)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
*Or other granulated sweetener of choice
1. If you are not using cookie cutters, preheat oven to 350F. If you are using cookie cutters, proceed to step 2.
2. Combine cookie ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes if using a cookie cutter. Once dough has been refrigerated for 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350F.
3. Scoop dough into tablespoon-sized balls onto parchment paper and then press/flatten into desired shape (or use a cookie cutter).
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
5. While cookies are baking, make the frosting. Combine all frosting ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.
6. When cookies have cooled, frost them, and enjoy! For a more solid frosting, refrigerate for 30 minutes.