Cost per serving: $0.30
Equipment you'll need: frypan
1 block tofu, extra firm
2 Tbsp stevia (or other sweetener)
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
For the chocolate syrup:
1.5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp cacao powder
8 drops liquid stevia (more to taste)
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 15-20 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, combine cinnamon and stevia in mixing bowl to make the cinnamon-sugar topping.
3. When tofu is done draining, cut into uniform sticks (as pictured).
4. Spray frypan with cooking spray and heat on low heat.
5. Flip tofu every 3-4 minutes for about 30 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Halfway through, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on the top and bottom sides of the tofu.
6. When the tofu is finished, prepare chocolate syrup.
7. Heat coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute (until it liquifies).
8. Add cacao powder and stevia to the coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
9. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the tofu sticks and enjoy!