Cost per serving: $0.69
Calories per serving: 117
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, muffin tin
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated erythritol, or granulated sweetener of choice (I used Swerve)
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
Sugar-Free Frosting, optional
*Or other granulated sweetener of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line muffin tin with paper liners (and spray those with cooking spray).
2. Combine all ingredients (except sprinkles) in large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. I find that using a fork first and then a spoon works very well. Then, add in sprinkles and mix.
3. Scoop batter into muffin tin and fill 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting.
6. When cupcakes are done, let cool, and frost.