Cost per serving: $0.64
Calories per serving: 132
Equipment you'll need: small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl, muffin tin with paper liners
1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia powder + 3 Tbsp water)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup almond milk + 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
2 Tbsp applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 scoops Nature's Food Organic Protein Powder (or other protein powder of choice)
3 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F, line muffin tin with paper liners, and spray liners with non-stick spray.
2. Prepare chia egg by adding chia powder and water to small mixing bowl, stir, and set aside.
3. Combine pumpkin, almond milk, coconut sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl, and whisk.
4. Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, and protein powder, and chia egg, and whisk until thoroughly combined.
5. Lastly, add in chocolate chips, and stir.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
7. Bake for 22-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool, and enjoy!!